Geriatric Priority Admission Service (GPAS)
24/7 Direct Medical Admission Service
Call 03 9845 2321
If your elderly patient requires hospitalisation for medical assessment, care or rehabilitation, they may be eligible for a direct private admission.
The Healthscope Geriatric Priority Admission Service (GPAS) is a one-stop medical admission service designed to assist GPs, Geriatricians, Residential Aged Care Facilities and local hospitals direct admission for DVA and privately insured elderly patients.
GPAS aims to simplify access to specialist care and private hospital beds, providing a more comfortable and efficient alternative to Emergency Department transfers and minimizing out of pocket costs for patients.
Bellbird Private is part of Healthscope, supporting the communities of eastern Melbourne.
Our admission officer will coordinate the admission of your patient on your behalf.
The Admissions Officer will assist you by:
- Advising on suitability of the patient referral
- Referring your patient to a VMO or on call Geriatrician
- Facilitate a comprehensive clinical handover
- Confirm bed availability at one of our two local private hospitals
- Conduct patient health fund check and confirm any out of pocket expenses with the patient.
Our Medical Officers are also contactable directly and can facilitate an admission to Bellbird Private Hospital.
Our Geriatricians and Physicians:
Bellbird Private Hospital
- Dr Cos Stambe | General Medicine & Nephrology
- Dr Stephen Loi | General Medicine & Geriatrics
- Dr Ken Teo | General Medicine & Geriatrics
- Dr Vivian Mah | General Medicine & Nephrology
- Dr Damien Tharmaratnam | General Medicine & Geriatrics
- Dr Madan Ravikumar | Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine
- Dr Mehrnoosh Kiumarsi | Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine & Palliative Medicine
- Dr Hui Ng | Internal Medicine & Endocrinology
The phone number for Bellbird Direct Admissions is 03 9845 2321.
GPAS is further supported with direct access to Healthscope’s Ringwood Private Hospital and Knox Private Hospital’s state of the art Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit and comprehensive diagnostic, cardiac, medical and surgical services.